Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Big/Little Bed

So when Elle was moved out of the crib... she was ready, there were no doubts about it, that girl wanted a big bed to be a princess in, she reminded me of Princess and the Pea... just the part where it was this little girl in this HUGE bed... but she loved it and was so excited. We got her an actual Twin size bed, she skipped right past the toddler bed. Now with Jack we got him his toddler bed back in May I think, and he slept in in for a while, but as we were getting ready for his surgery we moved him back into the crib... it was just safer, and then after his surgery he went back in the crib for safety reasons, but now I was ready for him to be in his own room... I have been wanting to get Marley into the crib because she is more than ready, and Jack is more than ready to be out of it.... their daddy on the other hand was not, but I told him as soon as we hit that point where the bone should be healed up, Jack is moving out. And we hit it, so I moved him out... and yes the first few nights of trying to get him to lay down took many, many attempts but once he was asleep he slept wonderful, hardly ever waking up... and because he can't open doors yet, even though he is trying all the time, in the mornings he loves to just go through his room pulling out his toys... its like he knows this new place is all about him, and though he still loves to venture into Elles room, he loves going through his own room and pulling out the toys we have in there... Last night we hit a little bump as he rolled out of bed, it was more a bump for dad as Jack didn't even wake up and lets be serious the drop is about the same as if you fell off the last step of your stairs onto the floor.... but dad was a little dramatic about it, so once i took care of him we put Jack back into his bed laying in the direction he should be - which was the reason he fell out in the first place - and everything was fine... The only thing I noticed was how big my little boy is now... Even in his "big boy" bed he is looking way too big... it makes me a little sad, which leads me to

#13 I love how I have been spoiled with baby lovin' for more than your normal time frame with Jack... You see because of the magic in the extra chromosome, Jack stayed in that baby stage longer than most kids do... I loved the extra snuggles, the wonderful cuddles and the extra dose of Eskimo kisses... I love that stage - the baby stage - and it just goes by way too fast... I feel that Elle was out of it in a flash and I'm already losing my Marley, so it was nice to have it just a bit longer with my little man....

1 comment:

  1. Robin, I just love your kids, for some reason they all make me feel so happy when I get to see them. I know I don't get to see them very often, but when I do it just makes my day. I am always telling Scott that I hope we can do as good of a job raising our kids as you are doing. Good work Robin you rock!!

    ReplyDelete