Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm a slacker

So I was going to post yesterday about how I have been in this slump ever since I saw a little snowflake on the weather part of the news last week, but I read through what I wrote and I decided to delete and come back for another try some other time..... We had rain yesterday with the occasional snow flake, but nothing to really say snow storm...... that is until this morning when there was at least 5 inches of snow in our driveway... its here and Im usually sooo excited about it but with winter lasting through May and me being pregnant during all of it, it was hard and I wanted to put it off a little bit longer, so the jokes on me, but oh well what can you do??
I made it posting most everyday for 21 days, and 21 is something when it comes to DS, so it felt good to make it there..... so for now I will go back to my normal posting, and to start it off I have to say I REALLY need to put on my momma nurse hat... you see I have been pretty good at knowing what my child has if they are sick and what I can do to get it to go away, without having to go to the doctors.... sometimes it would frustrate me when I would load up the car and go in because all they had to tell me was that there was nothing they could do just give them some Motrin, and bla bla bla... so I decided that I would make sure it was something that I really needed to go to the doctors for before I made the call... and I did really good at it last winter. The kids stayed pretty healthy for the most part and with the exception of Jacks case of pneumonia in May I was right on with what the kids had.... so to my surprise a few weeks ago we took Elle in after she had been coughing for a while and found that she had a mild case of pneumonia, which sent me in freak mode due to having little Marley around and our little man who just had major surgery not so long ago... but we an antibiotic for Elle and besides a little cough that Marley has every now and then - nothing like elles - I thought we made it through safe... then Jack wakes up at 11:30 last night not being able to breath.. he was heaving in and out and really having a hard time... we were putting him into the car and he finally coughed which helped for a second but then started his wheezing and just fighting to get air... so to the ER we went.. I think I am very hypersensitive with him right now, so anything will get me to take him in, Elle on the other hand I will wait on, but Jack and probably Marley just because she is still so little we will go in right away... so as we drove down he coughed again and this time it was obvious to me that it was going to be croup. which is something that if I had him outside for a bit and then had his humidifier on we could have made it through the night, but again, at this point with him, I am not willing to even try to make it through the night.. i don't really care how much it costs to visit the ER this is my little man... so we went in.... first thing we found out was that his lungs were clear - HUGE relief- as to me having whatever virus he has in his lungs is so much more worse than an upper respiratory issue so that was great to hear, but then it was confirmed that he had croup- no huge issue we got the steroid dose to help start opening his airway right away and we came home.... He is doing great today and we have one more dose of the steroid to give him tonight.... I just need to keep him from Marley as it is contagious and I really don't want her to get it... so here we go the beginning of the wonderful season of sickness.... bring it on

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! No fun. At least it wasn't something worse. Happy little Jack is feeling better. Sorry about the snow. I would be depressed too. Hopefully it'll melt soon and you'll go on to enjoy a little more Fall.

    ReplyDelete