Thursday, January 6, 2011

What A Difference A Year Makes

It's so funny to me to think back a year ago. I had all of these thoughts on what the new year would bring, I was so excited for it and all the new experiences. I was about 5 months pregnant and I think about a week away from finding out that we would be expecting a little Marley. I thought the worst with Jack was over, as we had just made it through his tonsils and adenoids surgery and the 2 week recovery we had from that. How funny.... Life is totally crazy, you think one thing and then reality comes in the door. I feel a lot different about this coming year. I know that I have no idea of what is coming our way, that is one fact for sure. It would be fun to think of what is in store for us, but I think for me this year I will just stop and enjoy the ride. I know I want to show much more appreciation to everyone around me. I know that I totally lacked in that department this past year, due to I think just feeling numb. I feel like a lot of time for me was spent floating by... doing what I needed to to just make sure I got up each morning. But the year ended better than I could have ever expected. The long fall weather helped, and then finally feeling like I was able to enjoy the holidays was also a great feeling, so I'm starting the year with that. Feeling alive, and unfortunately that comes with knowing there was so much gratitude I meant to express to others, so much support that we felt and didn't even know it until now when we can look back. I wish I could express everything I feel to those who were there for us, and maybe one day I will be able to, I sure hope so. But onto this new year, I hope I am ready for it... I will just start by taking one day at a time and loving that and only that, preparing for whatever tomorrow brings but knowing that we will tackle it when the time comes.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. It's nice to have a new year since it helps you refect on the previous one and look forward to what the new year will bring...good and bad (but hopefully MOSTLY good). AND, I love your photo at the top. Such a cute one of you and the girls.

    ReplyDelete